Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
euantor's ultimate profiles
Name: ultimate profiles!
Description: this is a complete re-write of the mybb profile template in an effort to improve the usability and make the profiles more appealing.
Demo: http://www.360elites.net/mybbthemes/User-euantor
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Adds templates: No
Changes templates: Yes
Adds images: No
Changes images: No

Screenshots: http://i48.tinypic.com/zkid1h.png

The edits

This whole look is achieved via a set of template edits. There is no one plugin that will do this all for you, so you'd better have at least 5 minutes of time on your hand. The process is relatively simple though and I'll be here to help every step of the way.

Step #1

Download the below zip file and upload the file(s) in it to the root of your MyBB diretory. Without these files, the tabbed profile feature will not work.

http://www.360elites.net/mybbprofiles.zip

Step #2

Open up your Member Templates-> member_profile template. Select everything in this template and replace it with the below code:

Code:
You are not allowed to see code.

That's the main profile template sorted, now to edit a few other little ones.

Step #3

Open the member_profile_customfields template and replace everything within with the following:

Code:

Step #4

Open the member_profile_customfields_field template and replace everything with the below code:

Code:

Step #5

Open the member_profile_signature template and replace everything with the below code:

Code:

There you go, that should be you done. I may be making periodic updates to these templates, so keep your eyes peeled...
I hope you don't mind, but I found a couple more templates that may need to be modified.

If you're using the "Referral in Profile" plugin, you will need to modify member_profile_showrefer in Global Templates, and will need to add this code in the tab where you want it displayed.

Replace everything in the template with:
Code:

add this code where you want the referrals to be displayed
Code:

You may also need to modify the postbit_warninglevel template, is so replace all text in tamplate with:
Code:

And enter this code where you want it to diisplay
Code:

And finally, you may need to modify the member_profile_reputation template, if so replace everything in the template with this:
Code:
Hmm... Are you talking about Labroca's refer plugin? Cause I am using it but I can't find that in the templates? o.O
Please keep in mind that the more JS you do embedd the slower the page will load.

Looks like a nice variation of the actual profile, thank you.
Forum Admin
Thanks mark-in-dallas Smile I love people to build on the work I've already done. Some other people have made some variations to have 3 columns with the tabbed section in the center.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
This plugin might have to care for the legal use so that it can be used greater than the old system. It could be the same section in the profile to develop the variations of both sectors. We think it too much, but I think this will be great for us.

BTW I don't like it that is says if you had the buddy plugin installed the side box would have worked is there a way to get rid of it or can you point me to that plugin?
You can download the plugin at mybboards.net here: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/profile-buddies, or you can edit the text in the member_profile template in the Admin CP.

You can also comment out the tab altogether, or rename it and use it for something else
Thanx I download it Big Grin
W8 not I downloaded the buddy plugin and still there is a problem I doesn't show.
Need professional support? PRinguin, the Digital-Agency. For web design and online marketing.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.