You must be a subscriber to download! Subscribe now

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google Connect Plugin
Exclamation 
Name: Google Connect
Description: Connects your MyBB with google accounts. Full user integration.

Features:
- Users who do not have a MyBB account can sign up and log in with google
- Users who do already have a MyBB account can connect their existing account and login with google
- Plugin pulls information from google
- Password generation for new members - they can keep their forum account even if they delete their google account
- Admin informations in profile
- Switch all options on/off and edit all major options in the ACP settings
- Language compatible (english, german formal and german informal included)
- No javascript needed (PHP API only)

Demo: -
Version: 1.9
Compatibility: 1.6.x
Adds files: yes
Changes files: no
Adds templates: no
Changes templates: yes
Adds to database: no
Changes database: yes

Screenshots:

Settings

Requesting permission via google

Connected

Profile view with passwords and IDs

Download for subscribers:

.zip   GConnect release.zip (Size: 275.55 KB / Downloads: 147)
With downloading this plugin you agree with the [Image: external.png]license rules.
If you did not have a valid subscription and you do use this plugin I'll hunt your website down with a C&D / DMCA. Stealing is illegal and my lawyer is good.

Install instructions:
You'll need a google account.

Go to this site:
https://code.google.com/apis/console/

Create a new project and add your site information like that:

Add a new Client ID and fill in the path to your forum like this:

It is important to link to the misc.php?action=greg in your forums directory here!

You will now get the ID of your google app, the secret key and you already entered the redirect URI at google.
Upload the plugin now and install it. Go to the settings and enter the ID, the secret key and the redirect URI.

Adjust the other settings and enable the plugin.

Have fun with the new users from Google Big Grin

This plugin went through a public beta so it should not contain any bugs. Please report any problems here.

Updated version 1.5 was necessary because of a small bug in the form.
To update to 1.5 simply overwrite the plugin file, there is no need to uninstall the plugin.

Update version 1.6 makes sure, that there is no conflict between Facebook Connect and Google Connect because they use the same naming conventions. To update, simply overwrite your plugin file.

Updated version 1.7 includes a check to make sure, suers with the same email adress are not registered twice (thanks ytlee945!). To update, overwrite all files with the new ones. Attention - there are language file changes!

Updated version 1.8 to prevent double session error at google. To update, simply overwrite your plugin file.

Updated version 1.9 to include the newest Google API and one new feature: Enable/Disable saving apsswords to the database.
To update, please delete the plugin and it's folders from your server and upload the new ones. After that, insert a new setting in your ACP with these values (please do NOT change them!):

Forum Admin
what do I put for the callback?
The callback should point to
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.
as written in the first post. It has to be identically on Google and in the settings.
Forum Admin
Dear Sir,

I'm unable to use even Google connect. The error is stated under Please check and help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

URL: http://www.fixmystuff.in

Thankyou so much,
Gopala Subramanium
+91 9818296629

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-25-2012, 01:10 PM)gopalasubramanium Wrote: Dear Sir,

I'm unable to use even Google connect. The error is stated under Please check and help.

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

Thankyou so much,
Gopala Subramanium
+91 9818296629

Solved the earlier, but there is a new error:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.fixmystuff.in/forum/misc.php?...iM-eF8LoOe. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
(03-25-2012, 05:05 PM)gopalasubramanium Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 01:10 PM)gopalasubramanium Wrote: Dear Sir,

SSL connection error

Thankyou so much,
Gopala Subramanium
+91 9818296629

Solved the earlier, but there is a new error:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.fixmystuff.in/forum/misc.php?...iM-eF8LoOe. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Sir, i'm a subscribed member and paid for your services. Hope you understand and respect our hard earned money. Still waiting for your response. Thanks, http://www.fixmystuff.in
Looks like an internal server issue. Please contact your host about SSL issues and internal server errors.

Please do not quote posts so often. Thank you.
Forum Admin
Great mod Lennart!!! Thank you!

Btw, I found a bug in the file plugins/gconnect.php
Code:

We need to replace:
Code:

With our domain:
Code:

In order to work...
If we dont change this line, the register dont work Smile
Thank you for finding that bug Divvy! I think that code remained there from beta testing. I am sorry!

The plugin has been updated to version 1.5 to fix that issue.
Forum Admin
after choose nickname.. now stuck
blank all

no redirect anything else ??????

in chrome

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving ........com/misc.php?action=greg&code=4/jn0b65CJ_LmJlRfe-Jn5JMBRLJJs.0sj94sHKub8aXE-sT2ZLcbTB09fYdgI. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.