You must be a subscriber to download! Subscribe now

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
FaceBook Connect plugin
Exclamation 
Name: FaceBook Connect
Description: Connects your MyBB with facebook. Full user integration, more forum integration features.

ATTENTION! Facebook does require apps to run on the https connection. You do need a secure SSL configuration on your website!

Features:
- Users who do not have a MyBB account can sign up and log in with facebook
- Users who do already have a MyBB account can connect their existing account and login with facebook
- Plugin pulls information from facebook: Birthday, avatar, website, name.
- Password generation for new members - they can keep their forum account even if they delete their facebook account
- Admin informations in profile
- If members create a new thread they can use a checkbox to post about it at their facebook wall
- Shoutbox (live event) from facebook on index
- Switch all options on/off and edit all major options in the ACP settings
- Language compatible (english, french, german formal and german informal included)
- No javascript needed (PHP API only)

Demo: -
Version: 1.7
Compatibility: 1.6.x
Adds files: yes
Changes files: no
Adds templates: no
Changes templates: yes
Adds to database: no
Changes database: yes

Screenshots:

Settings

Permission request at facebook in the local user language (german in this case)

Error handling

Admin information in profile

Post options - publish at facebook

Download for subscribers:

.zip   FBConnect release.zip (Size: 157.03 KB / Downloads: 265)
With downloading this plugin you agree with the [Image: external.png]license rules.

Installation instructions:

You need verified facebook account (with mobile phone or credit card)

Then go to:
http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php

Enter a name, follow instructions.

Enter "Site URL" at the tab "Web Site" like this:
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.

Copy the APP-ID and the Secret Key of your application.

Install the plugin at your MyBB and adjust the settings to your needs. Enter the Keys from FaceBook where necessary.

If you run into problems, uncomment line 31 in file fbconnect/fbmain.php to enable the debugger.

Upgrade from version 1.6 to 1.7
To upgrade, upload all files from the archive to your server overwriting the old files. After that, insert one new setting in your ACP with these values (please do NOT change them!):

You do not have to reinstall/reactivate the plugin.

Upgrade from version 1.5 to 1.6
To upgrade, upload all files from the archive to your server. Delete the following files from the inc/plugins folder: base_facebook.php, facebook.php, fbmain.php.
You do not have to reinstall/reactivate the plugin.

Upgrade from version 1.4 to 1.5
To upgrade simply overwrite all files with the new ones from the archive.
You do not have to reinstall the plugin.

Upgrade from version 1.3 to 1.4
To upgrade simply overwrite the plugin file fbconnect.php with the one from the new archive. You do not have to reinstall the plugin.
Also update your language files with the new ones from the archive. If you have a custom language file, add
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.
to it.

Upgrade from version 1.2 to 1.3
To upgrade simply overwrite the plugin file fbconnect.php with the one from the new archive. You do not have to reinstall the plugin.

Upgrade from version 1.1 to 1.2

Thanks for suggestions to dandv, Divvy and Pirata Nervo
Forum Admin
Nice Smile
Congratulations Lennart Smile
Thank you!
Forum Admin
Just installed at http://petforums.biz and everything seems good so far apart from I seem to have the last 2 settings missing in the ACP? Confused

Many thanks for this, I've been waiting for this for a long time! Big Grin
Hello,

at first i want to thank you vor this plugin.
After install them, my plugin in the acp disapears / the plugin wont show

please see my picture

Can anyone help me please?

After remove the files from the installation, the plugins appears.

?
Updated my post with installation instructions.

(10-05-2010, 01:51 AM)AJS Wrote: Just installed at http://petforums.biz and everything seems good so far apart from I seem to have the last 2 settings missing in the ACP? Confused

Sorry, I missed adding them to the installation. It's fixed now. Please redownload the ZIP-file and reinstall the plugin. Sorry!

(10-05-2010, 02:05 AM)wurstsalat Wrote: Hello,

please see my picture

?
Did you upload it completely? Do you use MyBB 1.6?
Forum Admin
Thanks so much! We have over 2000 likes on facebook but only 300 members on the forum. I suspect this may well dramatically increase our membership but am not sure! Will add it to the site now and then send out a facebook message once our new theme is finalised.

How does the transferring old logins into a facebook login work? Do you have to have the same email address and then it will work fine?
(10-05-2010, 02:17 AM)Lennart Wrote: Updated my post with installation instructions.

(10-05-2010, 01:51 AM)AJS Wrote: Just installed at http://petforums.biz and everything seems good so far apart from I seem to have the last 2 settings missing in the ACP? Confused

Sorry, I missed adding them to the installation. It's fixed now. Please redownload the ZIP-file and reinstall the plugin. Sorry!

(10-05-2010, 02:05 AM)wurstsalat Wrote: Hello,

please see my picture

?
Did you upload it completely? Do you use MyBB 1.6?

Yes, i think.
it was only one folder with three subfolders and four files, right?

the MyBB version ist 1.6.0

Did i anything wrong?
Nice work Lennart! I might subscribe at some point for this haha
(10-05-2010, 03:03 AM)vash Wrote: Thanks so much! We have over 2000 likes on facebook but only 300 members on the forum. I suspect this may well dramatically increase our membership but am not sure! Will add it to the site now and then send out a facebook message once our new theme is finalised.

How does the transferring old logins into a facebook login work? Do you have to have the same email address and then it will work fine?

Best of luck, I'm pretty sure you'll get new members with this method if it's so easy to sign up.

Existing users just have to click the "Connect" link. My plugin will then bridge the login (they will be automatically logged in when using facebook but can still login with their old password too if they wish) and import anything that is missing in the existing profiles - e.g. avatar, birthday, website.
The email adress does not need to be the same.

(10-05-2010, 02:05 AM)wurstsalat Wrote: Yes, i think.
it was only one folder with three subfolders and four files, right?

the MyBB version ist 1.6.0

Did i anything wrong?
Try to reupload the fbconnect.php and see if that helps. Do you have other plugins installed?

(10-05-2010, 04:30 AM)euantor Wrote: Nice work Lennart! I might subscribe at some point for this haha
That'd be great Wink
Forum Admin